Plant-based foods are all the rage these days. Almost every type of food also comes in a vegan alternative, and dairy-based food such as yoghurt is no exception.
Together with our in-house food technologist, we have prepared a recipe for a Coconut and Rice Yoghurt that features ingredients from our partners Beneo and Palsgaard which provides a more desirable texture and flavour with less calories.
Plant-based dairy alternative
Coconut and Rice Yoghurt
|Ingredients||Test Recipe (%)||Reference (%)|
|Palsgaard RecMilk 316||0.50||0.50|
|Palsgaard AcidMilk 131||0.20||0.20|
|Remyflo R 1000P||5.00||5.00|
|Orafti FTX Inulin||2.00||2.00|
1. Hydrate Remyflo R 1000P at 60℃ for approximately 30 minutes
2. Add sucrose and Orafti FTX inulin.
3. Add Palsgaard RecMilk 131 and Palsgaard AcidMilk 316.
4. Pasteurize at 90 °C for 6 minutes.
5. Homogenized at 150 bars two steps (100/50) and cool to 45 °C.
6. Inoculate with starter culture and ferment at 45°C until 4.5 pH (S. Thermophillus and L.Bulgaricus).
7. Homogenise without applying pressure and cool to 10°C.
8. Fill in containers and store at refrigeration.
Palsgaard Reilk 316 & Palsgaard AcidMilk 131
Technical benefits of Recmilk & AcidMilk
- Prevents sedimentation of rice particles
- Prevents syneresis in shelf-life
- Improves the texture of the yogurt giving a richer and more creamy taste
Remyflo R 1000P
Nutritional benefits of Remy
- Good amino acid profile
- Good digestibility
Technical benefits of Remy
- Naturally derived from rice
- Soluble in water
- Improves texture & mouthfeel
Orafti FTX Inulin
Nutritional Benefits of Inulin
- Promote digestive health: Improves intestinal flora balance
- Close the fibre gap: prebiotic dietary fibres
- Reduce overall calorie intake: weight management
- Support in blood glucose management
Technical benefits of Inulin
- Naturally derived from chicory roots
- As fat replacement and stable at high temperature process
- Soluble in water
Disclaimer: All information described in this document is intended for informational purpose only. The user of the products mentioned is solely responsible to evaluate and verify its suitability in their end application. Furthermore, the compliance to regulatory or legislative requirements of the country in which the end products are offered for sale must be taken into consideration.
Click here to download full recipe: APPLICATION RECIPE – COCONUT AND RICE YOGHURT