General ingredients that are used to produce carbonated non-alcoholic beverages1,2,3 consist of:
- Sweeteners (Natural/Artificial sweetener can be incorporated for low-calorie carbonated drink formulation)
- Flavourings (Natural/ Nature-identical/ Artificial)
- Acids (For example: Citric Acid)
- Colouring (Natural/ Nature-identical/ Artificial)
- Carbon dioxide
- Preservatives (For example: Sodium Benzoate/ Benzoic Acid)
1Monika, K. T. (2014). Soft Drinks – Preparation Defects and Remedies.
2Shoaib, A. S. (2014). Processing and Preservation of Beverages.
3Varuzhan, A., Avetik, M., Lidia, A. (2013). High-purity Rebaudioside D and low-calorie carbonated drink containing the same. U.S. Patent No. 8568818 B2.