Pineapple Tarts are a common snack served during the Chinese New Year. Sweet and tangy wrapped in soft fluffy pastry, it’s definitely something for those with a sweet tooth.
Together with our in-house food technologist, we have prepared a recipe for Taiwanese Pineapple Tarts that features ingredients from our partners Beneo and FIC providing that sweet satisfying taste with lesser calories.
|Ingredients||Test Recipe (%)||Reference (%)|
|Unripe pineapple, chopped||86.77||86.77|
|White sugar, fine||–||8.81|
|Brown sugar, brown||4.40||4.40|
1. Trim the skin and chop pineapple into small pieces.
2. Blend the chopped pineapple in food processor.
3. In a pot, combine all ingredients and cook the mixture over low heat, with constant stirring. Stop cooking at approximately 57% weight loss, or until desired texture.
4. Remove from pot and allow to cool. Keep in fridge until ready to use.
|Full cream milk powder||2.42|
|Vanilla powder flavour 1645388||0.60|
1. Premix all dry ingredients and set aside.
2. In a mixer, cream butter and icing sugar on high speed for 10 minutes.
3. Add in whole egg on high speed and continue mixing for 10 minutes.
4. Add in premix dry ingredients on low speed for half minute.
5. Divide the pastry (35 gram) and pineapple filling (15 gram). Wrap the pineapple filling in the pastry, place in mould and press firmly.
6. Bake the tarts at 140 °C for 10 minutes. Turn the tarts over and continue baking for another 10 minutes.
7. Remove the pineapple tarts from the oven. Let cool and store in airtight container.
Beneo Isomalt GS
Nutritional Benefits of Isomalt
- Reduce calorie
- Low GI
- Low digestible carbohydrates
Technical benefits of Isomalt
- 1 to 1 white sugar replacement in pineapple fillings with a great texture & taste
- Sucrose-like natural sweetness without any aftertaste
- Naturally derives from sugar beet
- Soluble in water
FIC Vanilla Powder Flavour
Technical Benefits of Vanilla Flavour
- Imparts a premium taste to finished products
Disclaimer: All information described in this document is intended for informational purpose only. The user of the products mentioned is solely responsible to evaluate and verify its suitability in their end application. Furthermore, the compliance to regulatory or legislative requirements of the country in which the end products are offered for sale must be taken into consideration.
Click here to download full recipe: APPLICATION RECIPE – TAIWANESE PINEAPPLE TART