- Reports directly to the Inventory and Procurement Manager.
- Job responsibilities involves:
- To assist HOD in the development of a systematic and effective Best Practices (BPs) in maintaining a complete documentation / records / processes for Inventory & Demand Planning procedures with proactive initiatives to improve and simplify the overall processes.
- To maintain and update database of stock keeping unit (SKU) classification, unit of measurement (UOM), unit of conversation, safety or optimum stock level etc. by cross checking the sales forecast or marketing plans to ensure constant adequate stocks / inventory supply at all times ready for delivery to Customers in good quality.
- To coordinate and monitoring the inventory movements with the local Supply Chain team, Sales and Finance personnel and service providers.
- To update the inventory status, such as stock on hand report, aging reports and products which are going to expire report to local SCM team, Sales and Finance to ensure that the stocks are adequate for the supplies and clear on time.
- To implement a root cause problem solving and corrective action process for inventory discrepancies to improve inventory data and reduce the risk of inaccuracy.
- To make recommendations on adjustments, improvements and solutions to demand forecasting based on changes in determinants such as sales dynamics, market trend including advance or deferments of stocks ETD / ETA where applicable.
- To continuously improve on the inventory and demand planning techniques for better accuracy in Inventory & Demand Planning to minimize shortage / overstock, aging stock and volatility on stock / inventory movement or rotation.
- To run a series of inventory reports on daily, weekly or monthly basis and perform detailed analysis of item performed.
- To provide input into a procedure for the GLOBAL rationalization and standardization of inventory across all operations.
- To collaborate with Sales Team closely to ensure that the Team is always updated with the latest stock / inventory information for strategic decision making, as well to communicate with all division and department managers and purchasing on sales forecast, demand planning and inventory levels.
Skills and a little knowledge in following areas is highly valuable
- Minimum qualification is Degree / Diploma from accredited institutions of higher learning.
- At least 3 years regional working experience in demand planning & Inventory in FMCG industry.
- Strong English language communication skills to interact with employees across the Asian Region.